Saturday, June 23, 2012

Food, Glorious Food!

Chocolate Challah and Green Tea Pomegranate cupcakes with a pomegranate egg foam

 Hamanetachen. They're triangle cookies that we make for the Jewish holiday of Purim. They are usually filled with poppy seeds or jam. These are filled with apples and dulce de leche

           Oat bread with oranges and dates, made for the new season of Game of Thrones
 Matzo ball soup. My grandmother was famous for hers and this is her recipe. Some people like them to be very firm and "sink" to the bottom. Other people like them to be fluffy. I like mine in the middle. I think my grandmother would have been proud of me.
 I think this was an eggier challah because it was so bright yellow. I was showing off the 6 braid technique!
 I made Oyakudon for Brian and I. I'm still not very good at making Japanese food even though I lived there for three years. I must keep practicing!

This is just a salad I made but I thought the colors were really pretty. It has peppers, avocado, raspberries, pumpkin seeds, mushrooms, a little feta cheese and spinach.
Heat-shaped Challah for father's day. This was roasted garlic with rosemary. I think it looked more like a heart when you saw it in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment