Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Some Photos for you!

Hey everyone, After my last post I thought some photos might be a good way to start your day (or go to bed, if you're in Japan). I have a lot of food pictures so tomorrow (or Friday) I'll do a food photo post.
I saw this on a sidewalk and I think it's a message I want everyone to see!

This is from St. Patrick's Day. It's a day that many Irish people in America (and people who aren't Irish) celebrate their heritage. In Chicago they dye the river bright green. Brian, Lillie Mae, Aaron, Tawny, Michael, and I all went and then went to a parade. It was very hot and sunny for March! 
  For Mother's Day we went to the Botanical Gardens. They had a special exhibit about bonsai. This was my favorite but I took so many pictures. If I had a better window and more patience I think I would try bonsai.
                                                          
                                          This is Brian's mother and father at the Gardens.
                                                    
                                                  I thought these cactuses were very cute!
                                                     
 This is Zoe, my father and brother's dog. She lives with my brother and my mom now. She is an African Mastif and is almost bigger than me! She's so sweet and would never hurt a fly. She doesn't even bark that much.
                                                  
 This is from my town newspaper when I was in high school. My father, my mother, my brother, and I are lighting Channukah candles. Can you believe my hair was that short?! I think I have short hair now but it is not that short.
                                                  
                                                        My dad's house in the spring.
                                                         
 Brian is growing a beard. In Judaism, men don't shave when a close relative dies for 30 days. I can't grow a beard so Brian is, even though he isn't Jewish, which is very sweet. He can shave it tomorrow at sundown and he's very excited.
                                                  
Aaron and Tamanna on my first day back at school. We were learning about how we can learn about young children by playing with them. Each table had a different activity. Ours was the snack table, which was delicious.
                                                           
Brian, Lillie Mae, and I went to see Timon of Athens, it's a Shakespeare play. The person on the cover was in Star Wars and he was amazing. It was a great play. I really love Shakespeare.    
 I've been trying to practice drawing so that I can get better because I saw all the beautiful artwork my students made me. This is a character from a story I'm writing. Her hair color looks familiar...

No comments:

Post a Comment