Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Back in America!

Regular English
Hey all! Sorry this entry is so late but our last few days ahev been busier than we thought. This entry is all about our actual trip back to Chicago from Japan. We spent the night at our favorite hotel, Hotel Active and woke up on the 28th and left Hiroshima. We waited in the bus center for about 2 hours since there was time between when our hotel checkout time was and the shinkansen to Osaka left. Our student from the Chiyoda Eikaiwa, Nakamura-san, Bono-san, and Yashiro-san came to see us off at the station. After we said our good byes Brian and I got on the train to Osaka. We changed to the airport train in Osaka and had plenty of time to get to our terminal. It was strange to see so many people speaking English! Brian thought it was strange to see so many different hair colors. We got to sit next to each other on the flight to Seattle. I had to laugh when they asked us what we wanted for our in flight meal because in almost every school I always taught a lesson about flying on an airplane and in-flight meals. I had the chicken and Brian had the beef. I watched some of the movies they were playing, Jane Eyre was my favorite because I had read the book when I was in high school. We tried to get some sleep but it's really hard to sleep on an airplane. The flight was only 11 hours and after we had tried to sleep they gave us breakfast, some fruit and pastry. We landed in Seattle on July 28th at 11am (earlier than we had left in Japan). We had to go through immigration and then through customs after getting our bags. We had to run to the other side of the airport and we just made it before the plane finished boarding. The downside was we couldn't sit together this time. There were a lot of screaming babies on the flight to Chicago but I was still able to sleep. We arrived in Chicago and were very happy to see Brian's mom and dad. We got all of our bags but one, which was on a later flight and would be delivered to us the next day. We ate a late dinner and I fell asleep at 10:30 on July 28. Being in my in-laws house is nice but I still sometimes forget I'm in America.

Easy English
Hey guys! Today I'm writing about our trip from Japan to America. We had stayed in a hotel in Hiroshima city on the 27th. We went to the train station and waited for our shinkansen. Some of our students from our Chiyoda Eikaiwa, Nakmura-san, Bono-san, and Yashiro-san came to say good bye to us. It was very kind of them. We took the shinkansen to Osaka and changed trains to go to Kansai airport. There were many people speaking English in Kansai-airport. It was a little strange for us. Our plane went from Kansai airport to Seattle. It was 11 hours long. I could sleep a little. They also gave us 2 meals, breakfast and dinner. I had chicken for dinner and Brian had beef. It was just like the English textbook! I also watched the movies the airplane had. Jane Eyre was my favorite movie because I read the book when I was a high school student. We changed planes in Seattle and had to talk to immigration. We couldn't sit together on the plane to Chicago. When we got to Chicago it was 6:00 in the evening. We got our suitcases but one of them was not there. They said they would send it to us the next day. After dinner I was very tired. I fell asleep at 10:30 in the evening. It is good to see my family again but I miss Japan.

日本語 By Brian
こんにち わ!私は今日日本からアメリカまで旅行について書きます。27日に広島に泊まって いました。広島駅に行って新幹線に待っていました。送別のために千代田公民館英会 話の生徒の中村さん・草野さん・ヤシロさんも駅に来ました。それはとても優しいでしたね。私たちは大阪に新幹線で行って関西空港までの電車に乗り換え ました。関西空港ではたくさんの英語を話す人がいます。私たちにはちょっとおかしかったと思います。飛行機が11時間関西空港からシ アトルまで行きました。レチェルが飛行機で少し寝ました。飛行機で晩ご飯と朝ご飯を食べました。レチェルはチキンを食べてブライアン はビーフを食べました。英語教科書ちょうどみたいでした!レチェルは映画を観ました。高校生の時に本を読んだから、レチェルの一番好 きな映画が「Jane Eyre]でした。シアトルで 新しい飛行機に乗り換えまして入国官と喋るのが必要でした。私たちはシカゴまでの飛行機で横に座れませんでした。シカゴに到着の後に 午後6時になりました。荷物を見つけましたけど、三つだけありました。空港の店員が明日に私たちに送ると伝えました。晩ご飯後レチェ ルは本当に疲れまし手10:30時に寝ました。友達と家族に会うのほうがいいですけど、日本は寂しいですよ。


1 comment: