Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Weekend!

Regular English
This weekend was a very busy weekend. We were going to post photos on Friday but we had a special visitor, my mom and her boyfriend Ed. For those who don't know, my parents got divorced right before I came to Japan. They are both very happy now and are with people they love and care about. They arrived on Friday, a little late because of road work. We wanted to go into Chicago and go to the field museum but because of Lollapaloza, a really huge rock concert festival, getting into Chicago was too hard. They rented a hotel room for us too. Brian and I went to eat lunch and then I went back and visited with Mom and Ed for a bit. Ed is a retired engineer and he has a garden, a dog named Buster, and a private dock on the lake. Then we went to Brian's parents house to have dinner. They made salmon, chicken, and zucchini on the grill. Brian's mother made carmelita bars, which are chocolate, caramel, and a few other things (they're so good! But so bad for me!!!) and his dad made a cherry pie, crust and all, from scratch. He taught me how to do the special lattice top too. I can't wait to try it on my own. On Saturday morning we went out for breakfast and then Mom and Ed drove back to Paducah, Kentucky (My home town). I really missed my mom and it was good to see her and to meet Ed. They seem like a very nice couple.
My Mom and Ed outside of Brian's parent's house.


We had another visitor this weekend, Brian's sister Katie and her two dogs Aspen and Maddy. Aspen is just a puppy. She was also dog-sitting her friend's dog Heidi. Heidi is very big but very nice. Katie and I went down town on Saturday so I could buy new running shoes. Because Katie is a very experienced runner I thought it would be good to have her come with me. The store was really nice and afterwards we bought cupcakes. She bought a black bottom one, no idea why it's called that. I bought a red velvet one. I really missed red velvet cake. I ran on the treadmill to break in my shoes and then Brian and I went for a walk. I also made fried okra for my in-laws. Brian's mother had never had Okra before.
Katie and her "children"

Cupcakes!!!!!

Sunday we went to look at apartments in Chicago again because the other landlord disappeared. We looked at 4 apartments in the same area. The building we had applied to had another unit available. It was a little smaller but also 50 dollars cheaper. It still has the lovely private deck and you can walk right onto the beach. We found out that we can move in on the 15th! Now to go through all of our stuff.... We also ate Middle Eastern food. We could get some of this in Hiroshima City but the two things we couldn't find were baklava, a pastry made with nuts and honey, and stuffed grape leaves. So good! Hopefully my next post will be about moving...again!

Baklava!

Easy English
Hey guys! This weekend we were very busy. My mother and her boyfriend,Ed, visited us on Friday and Saturday. My parents got divorced before I went to Japan. Now they are both happy. Ed is a very nice guy. He was an engineer but he is retired now. We wanted to go to Chicago but there were many people going to a concert festival in Chicago, Lollapalooza (a big rock festival). We went back to our hotel and I talked with mom and Ed. Then we went to Brian's parent's house. They made dinner. We had salmon, chicken, and zucchini. Brian's mother made a dessert called carmelita bars. They are made with chocolate and caramel. They are delicious. His dad made a cherry pie. He taught me how to make a beautiful pie crust. I'm really happy. Saturday we ate breakfast at a restaurant and then mom and Ed went back to Paducah, Kentucky, my hometown.

Brian's sister Katie is also here. She has three dogs with her. Two of the dogs are her dogs. Their names are Maddy and Aspen. Aspen is very young. She is also taking care of her friend's dog Heidi. Heidi is very big but very nice. Katie and I went to downtown Geneva to buy running shoes today. After we bought the shoes we bought some cupcakes. Katie's cupcake was called “Black bottom” and was made of chocolate. I bought a red velvet cupcake, which is a red chocolate cake! I love cupcakes! I also made fried okra for dinner. Brian's mother had never had okra before!

On Sunday we went to Chicago. We had to find a different apartment. We visited four apartments. There was one that we liked in the same building. It has a private deck and beach. I'm excited about going swimming now! But I must wait until the 15th. That is the day we will move to Chicago. After looking at apartments we went to a late lunch. We had Middle Eastern food. Our favorite Middle Eastern foods are stuffed grape leaves and baklava. Baklava is a pastry made with nuts and honey. Both are delicious. You should try them!

日本語 by ブライアン
先週末は本当に忙しかったです。私たちは土曜日に写真を書き込みた かったですけど、母と彼氏のエッドが訪ねていました!日本に行く前にレチェルの両親が離婚しました。でも、今二人ともは他の人と交際 中になってとてもうれしいです。彼らは土曜日にお遅く着きました。シカゴに行ってフィルドの博物館に行きたかったですけど、ロックコ ンサートの「Lollapaloza」がありますから、シカゴに行きにくすぎました。彼らは私たちにホテルルーム を借りてくれました。その後ブライアンと私は昼ご飯を食べに行って私はホテルに帰って母とエッドと喋りました。エッドは隠居の技術者 で庭とバスターの名前の犬と私設のドックを持っています。

その後私たちはブライアンの両親の家に晩ご飯を食べに行きました。 両親がグリルでサーモンとチキンとズッキニを料理しました。ブライアンの母はチョコとカラメルと他の材料を料理するカラメりたバーを 作って父はパイ皮とチェリーパイを作りました。父が私に特別のパイ皮を作る方を教えました。私は自分で作ることを楽しみにしていま す!翌朝私たちは朝ご飯に食べに行って私の母とエッドが私の郷里のパデゥカに帰りました。私は母が寂しかったですから母とエッドと 会って良かったです。いいコップルみたいです。

ブライアンの妹のけーティも訪ねました。妹は犬と二匹来ました。名 前は「Aspen」と「Maddie」です。アスペンは子犬です。妹は友達の犬のハイディを預かりました。ハイ ディはとても大きいですけど、優しいです。新しいラニンぐシューズを買うために私はケーティと買いに行きました。ケーティは走ること が得意ですから、私と買いに行くことがいいと思いました。店に行ってからカップケーキを買いました。ケーティは「ブラックボッテム」 のカップケーキを買いました。(その意味が分からないです。)私は「レッドベルべト」のカップケーキを買いました。 レッドベルべトが懐かしいですから本当に良かったです。私はトレッドミルで運動してブライアンと散歩しました。さらに私は焼きオクラ を料理しました。ブライアンの母がオクラをたべたのははじめてです。

他の家主が私たちに全然電話しませんでしたかた、日曜日にもう一度シカゴにアパートを探しに行きました。同じ近所でアパートを四つ調べました。私 たちの申し込んだアパートの建物に他のアパートがあります。前のアパートより少し小さいですけど、家賃が$50もっと安いです。まだきれいな私用 のデックがあって海岸の横にあります。私たちは15日にアパートに移してもいいことが見つかりました。だけど、私たちの家蔵を選り分けなければな りません。それから中東風の食べ物を食べました。広島市で一部が見つかれましたけど私たちの見つからない食べ物がナッツとはちみつできるお菓子の バックラバと詰め込む(スタッフド)ぶどうの葉っぱです。すごくおいしかったです!次も入居のことを書き込みますよ!

No comments:

Post a Comment